AECOM Construction Project Engineer in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Business Line Government
Position Title Construction Project Engineer
United States of America - Maryland
AECOM has an opportunity for a
Construction Project Engineer . The Construction Project Engineer is responsible for managing the construction engineering functions on a project to ensure adherence to all engineering construction plans and specifications. Works as an integral part of the site construction team at the project as delineated by the applicable company procedures.
1) Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating complex engineering assignments.
2) Plans, organizes and provides supervision to a staff of engineers and technicians or functions as a technical expert.
3) Oversees construction supervision, and provides final approval of completed construction tasks to ensure construction conforms to design specifications.
4) Facilitates construction and start-up activities.
5) Ensures the design engineering requirements are complied with by reviewing all design drawings/specifications and making daily field inspections as may be required to support quality functions.
6) Reviews cost controls and reports.
7) Submits required project submittals for approval.
8) Prepares construction related reports based on job site inspections.
9) Prepares miscellaneous reports for project management providing information required to prepare the necessary submittals, designs, layouts, etc. involved in the construction of the assigned project.
10) Prepares and reviews subcontracts, change orders and contract value engineering claims and verifies requests for payment by subcontractors.
11) Reviews and analyzes production reports.
12) Coordinates subcontractors' activities.
13) Reviews, verifies and reports quantities to the project controls department.
14) Requisitions and assures delivery of construction materials.
15) Obtains necessary permits and coordinates construction activities with city and state inspection agencies.
16) Responsible for documentation of and distribution of all design changes and field modifications.
17) Works with home office engineering, original equipment manufacturers and vendors to resolve issues as may be required.
18) Applies advanced engineering theories, concepts, principles, processes and novel approaches to major, complex construction projects.
19) Generally operates with considerable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision-making.
20) Maintains a good customer relationship.
21) Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or demonstrated combination of education/training and experience.
15+ years of experience in the construction industry.
Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Position requires travel and long term overseas assignments.
Successful project experience for US Government client agencies is a plus.
Active, fully adjudicated TS security clearance is preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Engineering - Construction
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 165498BR