AECOM Aircraft Mechanic 3 (Lead) in Camp Humphreys, South Korea
Business Line Government
Position Title Aircraft Mechanic 3 (Lead)
KOR - Seoul
AECOM is now hiring a qualified Aircraft Mechanic Lead in support of Aircraft maintenance operations at Camp Humphreys, Korea location.
Inspect, train others and perform organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance - modification on contract units, sub-systems, support equipment and related weapons system. Advise team members and solve unusual maintenance problems by analysis and test on missiles, airframes, engines, flight control, pneudraulic, fuel, electrical/electronic systems, etc. Position reports to the Supervisor.
1) Plans, conducts, and supervises aircraft technical inspections.
2) Computes basic weight and balance records.
3) Participates in maintenance test flights and operation checks as required.
4) Ensures compliance with aircraft configuration control, Army oil analysis Program and test measuring diagnostic equipment calibration.
5) Provides lower level technicians guidance in aircraft repair and technical inspection techniques and procedures according to directives, technical manuals, work standards and operational policies.
6) Prepares evaluations, special reports, and records pertaining to aircraft maintenance repair and related activities.
7) Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty.
8) Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
9) Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
10) Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components.
11) A thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
12) A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
13) The incumbent must possess the experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike.
14) Must possess excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or maintenance technical school curriculum or possess an FAA issued A&P license.
Seven (7) years actual and recent aircraft or missile, or related weapon system experience required.
Mechanics must possess a level of experience necessary to inspect all aircraft.
Mechanics shall also be proficient in the use of the Unit Level Logistics System-Aviation Enhanced (ULLS-AE), the current maintenance management system utilized to maintain Army aircraft forms and records.
Previous supervisory experience desired.
Must be familiar with all facets of AH-64 phase and unscheduled maintenance procedures.
Ability to operate various machinery i.e. and ground support equipment and ULLS-AE.
Must meet all USFK, CCK, therater clearance and SOFA status requirements USFK-700-19.
Must have a valid minimum of a NACI clearance on file in JPAS.
May be required to pass and maintain a U.S. Government background security check.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 186659BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.