AECOM Aircraft Maintenance RESET Supervisor (UH-60) in Ft. Campbell, Kentucky
Business Line Government
Position Title Aircraft Maintenance RESET Supervisor (UH-60)
United States of America - Kentucky
The Reset maintenance supervisor (UH-60) advises the Maintenance Manager on technical matters and leads a mission focused maintenance effort. Manages assigned resources necessary to accomplish the mission. Controls maintenance efforts through leads and mechanic II’s.
1) Enforces strict adherence to technical data and management procedures.
2) Adjusts resources to meet production requirements.
3) Assigns adequate supervisory coverage for each shift.
5) Ensures accurate daily documentation of maintenance actions.
6) Reviews and evaluates management and production effectiveness. Analyzes personnel and equipment performance history using QA reports. Initiates management actions to meet new workloads or correct reported/perceived deficiencies.
7) Participates in the maintenance planning cycle.
8) Ensures only qualified personnel accomplish maintenance with the appropriate equipment and tools.
9) Ensures compliance with safety directives, appropriate occupational safety and health standards, and applicable industrial safety publications.
10) Establishes procedures to minimize foreign object damage and dropped objects.
11) Advises the Maintenance Manager of conditions that may disrupt the orderly and controlled execution of the maintenance plan.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or Management is preferred, but at a minimum, must possess 10 years’ experience directly related to contract performance or equivalent.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills are required.
Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested by Supervisor.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 187271BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.